Artist In Residence - Call for Artist Submissions
The York Region Arts Council (YRAC) is seeking submissions from artists of all disciplines wishing to be considered for the Artist in Residence program. Please cater your application and proposal to the host space you wish to take up residency at, based on the Host Organization Profiles. Please note that this is not a live-in residency.
The overarching goals of the Artist in Residence program are to:
- Create a new work of art inspired by the space & community of the host organization
- Engage the community in which the artist will be hosted
- Provide an opportunity for York Region artists to build their portfolio
- Provide resources and exposure to support artists in York Region
- Contribute to the creation of a vibrant York Region
- The Artist in Residence program is open to emerging, mid-career and established professional artists working in the following disciplines, including but not limited to: Performance Arts, Visual and Media Arts (including Film/Video), Dance, Music, Multidisciplinary, Craft, Theatre and Literary Arts
- The artist(s) must be a resident of York Region, aged 18 years or older
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted
- Full-time employees at host spaces are not eligible to apply
- You must be a York Region Arts Council member to be eligible for this residency. You are able to apply as a non-member, but must register for a membership if accepted. To become a member, please click here.
- The deadline for applications is April 21, 2019 at 11:59pm