York Region Arts Council - Marketing & Communications Manager
Date Posted: Dec 06, 2019
Application Deadline: Jan 13, 2020
Start Date: Jan 20, 2020
Salary From: 45K To 55K
Region: York Region
City: York Region / Newmarket
Employee Benefits: Health
Organization's Field/Discipline: Business
Job's focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Full-time - 1 Year Contract
Career Level: Middle management
About York Region Arts Council
The York Region Arts Council (YRAC) is the only York Region-wide not-for-profit charitable arts service organization focused on capacity building, creative placemaking and community engagement supporting the development of artists, arts organizations and creative entrepreneurs. Since 2002, YRAC has played a pivotal role in shaping a conversation around arts in the region. Working collaboratively with over 100 stakeholders and industry partners on an annual basis, our services directly impact over 500 artists and creative organizations. YRAC’s Experience York Region program reaches over 700,000 individuals annually.
YRAC is a customer service provider – to the Regional Municipality of York, each of the nine municipalities that reside in the Region, arts organizations, artists, tourism businesses, and the community at-large.
About the position: This is a transformative time for the organization, and for the arts, tourism and creative industries of York Region.
As the Marketing & Communications Manager, you will work closely with the Executive Director to set and implement strategies that will have a deep and profound impact on the creative arts and tourism sector in the Region. This is an excellent role to bring new ideas, to explore unknown opportunities, to work collaboratively with key industry stakeholders, and to support the arts movement by bringing it to the forefront of everyday life experiences. Your passion alongside your set of skills in marketing, print and web design, communications and partnership development, will bring the right balance to support and grow YRAC.
Marketing and Communications (50%)
- Play a lead role in brand development of key YRAC initiatives and implement new/updated brand identity and messaging
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual marketing strategy, marketing budget(s), as well as marketing campaigns, communications plans/calendars, tactics and key messages to ensure alignment between strategic plan and marketing objectives
- Set marketing KPI’s, track metrics and report on this information as required
- Lead the social media strategy initiative, content generation and output
- Develop and maintain key media initiatives, outreach and relationships efforts
- Select and manage relationships with marketing-related vendors, including but not limited to printers, mail houses, designers and editors
Website and Graphic Design (25%)
- Manage the website and other electronic communications and implement strategies to ensure targets are met.
- Manage the production of Development & Marketing publications and collateral, images, posters, and other programming related branded materials
Special Initiatives and Events (20%)
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the ExperienceYorkRegion.com membership program
- Collaborate on the development and production of elements of festival member events where needed
- Manage and participate in all marketing elements required for successful project launches, programming initiatives, outreach events and incentive plans
- Work closely with event staff and volunteers to ensure flawless execution of projects
- Participate in the development of any YRAC events as required
- Play a lead role in developing and managing Membership/Volunteer programs and positions related to marketing, communications and outreach activities
Other (5% or as required)
- Manage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to more effectively manage, track and report on donor, sponsor, funder, member and other stakeholder records
- Act as public spokesperson for the organization / Speak on behalf of YRAC at public events
- Content and blog writing
- Attend evening and weekend events in the community run by local artists, tourism organizations and other stakeholders
- 3-6 years experience in a creative department or marketing/events environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite of products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and Mac platform
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience with website content management, social media and digital production
- Knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, press relations and outreach
- Experience with analytic reporting tools and reporting metrics
- Experience with individual giving and membership campaigns, sponsorships, member and customer relations
- A role for a creative and innovative thinker with problem solving skills and constant desire to improve existing processes or develop new ones
- Must possess excellent writing and presentation skills, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships as well as to persuade and negotiate.
- Excellent grasp of the English language as well as the ability to write clear, and grammatically correct documents, press releases, briefs and reports
- A knowledge and interest of arts related, not-profit organization model, and/or tourism sector, is an asset.
- Access to a vehicle and ability to drive/travel across the York Region and GTA
- Experience with Constant Contact/MailChimp
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines
- Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, and/or Events degree or diploma an asset
- Link to online portfolio, or pdf of work.
Knowledge/understanding of the relationship between traditional design and digital design (including web, email and Social Media), as well as responsive digital design techniques and principles
Additional Info: A minimum of 1 year contract, starting in January/February 2020
We appreciate the time and effort all candidates place in applying for this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Pencil Studios - Art Assistant/Art Instructor
They are looking for a fun and energetic person with a passion in art education and loves children! Pencil Studio is an innovative, fun and cozy art studio led by creatives, who offer art classes and art camps for kids from 3 - 13+ as well as adult classes and workshops.
To learn more see www.pencilstudio.ca
They are looking for a Production Artist who takes pride in perfect files and production across multiple channels who will provide support their Creative team by undertaking the production of digital and print projects while keeping best practices and brand guidelines in mind.
Blakely is an industry leading, full-service, multi-channel fundraising and marketing agency.
Wired Messenger, is a Canadian Digital Marketing agency based out of Richmond Hill that specializes in email marketing, web design, web development, print and social marketing.
They are seeking a talented Creative Designer to help tackle some of our day-to-day client needs and also work on new projects as they come in ranging from creative for social posts, email designs and websites.
Monkey Rock Music
Monkey Rock Music is looking for a larger than life musician/teacher to lead our parent and child music programs in the Markham, Thornhill, and Richmond Hill area.
CBC Arts Logo Design
Want to Design CBC Arts next profile pic? Now is the time to send in your pitch.
Interested in the job? If you are — or you just know someone who’d be perfect for the assignment — this is the time to send us a pitch.
It’s a paid gig, plus there’s the bonus of promo and bragging rights. (Your work will appear over our channels, and we run a Q&A with the featured artist, to boot.) Learn More
Various Workshop Instructors at NewMakeIt
NewMakeIt is looking for workshop instructors. As an instructor, you will be responsible for overall design, planning, implementation and delivery of curriculum for specified workshops. These workshops could run either year-round or seasonally. The instructor will also be responsible for taking attendance, teaching the class and / or workshop, and reporting any issues, concerns or developments to the Learning Coordinator.
They have openings for workshops in these areas:
- Woodworking – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; table saw, thickness planer, jointer, drill press, sanders, hand tools etc.
- Digital Fabrication – Certification classes that teach safe and proper usage of equipment including; laser machines and 3D printers.
- Metalworking - Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; metal lathe, metal mill, drill press, grinders, MIG / TIG welders, box and pan brake, metal shear etc.
- CNC – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; CNC router and CNC Mill.
- CAD / CAM / Graphics Software – Skills classes that teach use of software such as; AutoDesk Fusion 360, SolidWorks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, On CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Inkscape
- Craftwork – Project workshops that teach skills in the areas of; textiles, woodcraft, papercraft, pottery, glass, jewellery etc.
Arts & Cultural Job Board & Call for Submission Links
Become a Volunteer at the York Region Food Network!
Creative Volunteers wanted for pop up art hive in community garden in the following areas:
1. Pop U Art Hive – Youth Volunteers Wanted for the London & Main Community Garden
2. Story Time in the Garden Volunteers
3. Youth Garden Volunteers
For more information visit CLICK HERE.
Become a Volunteer at the Varley Gallery!
Looking for event assistants, program assistants, docents and gallery attendants. Learn more here.
Become a Volunteer at the Latcham Gallery!
The Latcham Gallery is looking for volunteers to assist with Latcham Saturdays, our community art programming between September 9 and October 28.
Volunteer with the Ontario Association of Art Galleries (OAAG)
McMichael Canadian Art Collection is looking for new Docents!
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is seeking motivated individuals to serve as Volunteer Docents. The ideal candidate is people-oriented and enthusiastic about introducing school groups and adults to Canadian art and the McMichael Collection. Learn More
Volunteer with the Newmarket Music Festival
Volunteer with the York Region Arts Council
Volunteer at the Aurora Cultural Centre
Volunteer with the Markham Museum
Volunteer with the Varley Art Gallery
Volunteer with the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
Volunteer with the Ontario Association of Art Galleries